Monday, May 11, 2009

$1800 spent on a Volvo

Could buy some stuff or get Marta's Volvo almost fixed. Yep, almost, have to take it back in for a warranty repair on the electronic throttle body.

My good friends ( I'm being sarcastic) at the dealership has to take it through some testing even though I have the printout what is failing. This might take up to 3 sessions and after that an authorization from Volvo North America has to be approved.

Why don't I have my guy fix it ( he's a certified Volvo technician but independent so no warranty work is granted) is that it runs about $1000. After all my time spent and work missed it will cost me that anyway. Got to love dealer ships. I had the dealer quote the same work that my guy did, they were over $1200 more expensive and yes my guy used Volvo original parts.

The only reason I buy the cars we have is the fact I have a good mechanic. If he quits there will never be another Volvo in my drive way, the Volvo dealership has made that point very clear to me.

No comments: